January 3, 2016

My Most Anticipated Books of 2016

Hi guys! Today I'm here with a post of the books I absolutely need to get my grubby hands on in 2016. Of course there are plenty of releases I hope to get to, but I limited myself to the top sixteen.  And to keep things from getting too long, I'm just going to list them all (in chronological order of publishing date) with a sentence or two (or some gibberish) explaining why I want need to read them.


1. Passenger by Alexandra Bracken (Jan 5)
Alex Bracken + time travel + romance = MUST HAVE

2. Truthwitch by Susan Dennard (Jan 5)
Kick-butt witches with fantastical powers, two of which (no pun intended) are best friends.

3. Stars Above by Marissa Meyer (Feb 2)
MORE LUNAR CHRONICLES *mouth foaming*. (I also heard that there would be a story about a certain wedding...)

4. The Girl from Everywhere by Heidi Heilig (Feb 16)
A fantasy debut with MORE TIME TRAVEL.


5. Lady Midnight by Cassandra Clare (Mar 8)
Look at that glorious cover! Cassie Clare is a fantastic writer and I will continue reading her books as long as she writes them. PLUS. CAMEOS FROM TMI CHARACTERS.

6. Wink Poppy Midnight by April Genevieve Tucholke (Mar 22)
Okay, mostly on my list because THAT COVER, but also! It's a mystery with unreliable narrators (talk about intrigue).

7. Lady Renegades by Rachel Hawkins (April 5)
The Rebel Belle trilogy is so much fun (Southern Belles + kicking butt) to read and I can't wait to see how it ends!

8. The Hidden Oracle by Rick Riordan (May 3)
MORE PERCYYY (and Apollo) (but mostly Percy). Enough said.


9. The Unexpected Everything by Morgan Matson (May 3)
Morgan Matson is the queen of contemporary and is one of my auto buy authors (plus COVER LOVE).

10. A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J. Maas (May 3)
This one is about Rhys. It's a Hades and Persephone retelling. It's Sarah J. Maas.

11. The Rose and the Dagger by Renee Ahdieh (May 3)
Okay, May 3rd, 2016 is going to be a glorious day for book lovers world wide. Also need to find out how the duology ends!

12. The Last Star by Rick Yancey (May 24)
The Fifth Wave is one of my favorite books, so I can't wait to see how the series will be wrapped up!

13. P.S. I Like You by Kasie West (July 26)
Kasie West, yet another queen of contemporary, as well as adorable book covers.

14. Throne of Glass #5 by Sarah J. Maas (Sept 6)
It doesn't even need a title. If it is Sarah J. Maas I will read it, if it is Throne of Glass, I will devour it.

15. Crooked Kingdom by Leigh Bardugo (Sept 22)
Sequel to Six of Crows, which was absolutely glorious. AND MORE HEISTS?!?

16. Heartless by Marissa Meyer (Nov 8)
Alice in Wonderland retelling about the Queen of Hearts written by the queen of retellings.

Okay, so those are my sixteen most anticipated reads publishing in 2016! What are some of your most anticipated books of 2016?

No comments:

Post a Comment