July 8, 2015

My First Owlcrate!

Hi guys! Last month I received my first Owlcrate box! For those of you who don't know, Owlcrate is a monthly subscription than sends you a new YA release and other bookish goodies! It costs $29.99 plus shipping each month, but you can also prepay for three or six months with a discount. Each month, there's a different theme and the theme for the June box was diversity!

Here's what was in the box:


  • More Happy Than Not by Adam Silvera ($17.99)
  • More Happy Than Not Temporary Tattoo and Poster
  • "Dumbledore Supports Marriage Equality" Banner made by Appraising Pages
  • "Read More Diverse Books" Earrings made by Snark Factory ($10.00)
  • Pride Flag Shoe Wings from Shwings ($8.95)

I have to admit that I was a bit disappointed with this months' box. I think it was because it was centered more on diversity than bookishness. I don't plan on wearimg the shoe wings- they're cute but a little childish. I liked the earrings, but unfortunately I don't have pierced ears. However, I am excited to read More Happy Than Not because it's been getting pretty good reviews and who doesn't love some diversity in YA? I think my favorite thing from the box was the banner. It's super adorable and will be finding a place on my bookshelf or wall very soon.

I still plan to stick to my subscription for July (the theme is Friendship, so I'm excited!), but with the shipping every month, it's a little pricey and I may cancel soon.  But if you enjoy the surprise of something like this and you have the money, I highly recommend that you subscribe to Owlcrate. Spots fill up fast, so make sure to put your name on the waiting list and check out their website!

Have you joined any book subscriptions? I'd love to hear what you think of them or what other subscriptions you recommend.

No comments:

Post a Comment