May 16, 2015

Mini Reviews

Hi guys!
I'm feeling a bit lazy again, so I've decided to do a few mini reviews instead of one full length one. I personally like mini reviews a lot because they get the point across without tons and tons of text, but there's still enough room for a bit of fangirling or ranting. The mini reviews featured below are Broken Hearts, Fences, and Other Things To Mend, A Court of Thorns and Roses, and Firefight. The first book is about a year old, the second one really new, and the third one is pretty new as well.

Broken Hearts, Fences, and Other Things To Mend by Katie Finn
I just got my hands on this book after swapping with a friend, and I really enjoyed it. It was a fun contemporary read and put me in a very summer-ready mood. The book wasn't perfect, though. The main character annoyed me a little bit because I felt like she was stupid, and the plot was kind of predictable. It was also annoying because she kept comparing her ex-boyfriend to Josh. In my mind, I was screaming at Gemma very often. The plot did manage to twist and turn a bit though, so I wasn't bored. I liked the romance in the story, and I also liked the fact that the story was about friendship and family problems too. This book is a perfect read to get ready for summertime, and I can't wait to get my hands on the sequel. Four stars!

A Court of Thorns and Roses  by Sarah J Maas
Sarah J Maas did it again! I fell heads-over-heels in love with this book. It was really different from Throne of Glass and the rest of the books in that series, but that was definitely a great thing. The fantasy was awesome, the plot was twisty and intriguing, and I really liked the romance. It was a bit borderline New Adult typeish, but I think it fit the personality of the book. In general, I liked the writing style, and I thought the characters were very well-crafted. This book was super enjoyable to read even though it was a bit intense at times. I really liked the main character, which made it a lot easier to read, but in general I thought everything meshed well together. Five stars!

Firefight by Brandon Sanderson
I was just introduced into the world of Brandon Sanderson a little while back with Steelheart, and about a week ago I finally got to read the sequel. This book wasn't as awesome as Steelheart was, but I liked it nonetheless. The plot confused me a bit and the main character started to get on my nerves, which is why this book wasn't as great as the first, but otherwise I liked the writing, most of the plot, all the other characters, and the overall idea of the story. This isn't one of my favorites, but if you're a dystopian-fantasy-adventure fan or a Brandon Sanderson fan, you should definitely check this out. Three point five stars!

That's it for these mini reviews! Tell me what you think in the comments and also if there are any books you'd like me to review.

No comments:

Post a Comment