March 31, 2015

Ten Books I've Recently Added To My TBR List

Hi guys! It's been a while since I've done a Top Ten Tuesday post in a while, or any posts for that matter. I could say it was because I was busy with school, but that would be lies. To be perfectly truthful it was Netflix. I may or may not have marathon-watched seasons one and two of The 100 and seasons one through three of Once Upon a Time while I was gone... Yeah, okay, I know it's not healthy. But Netflix shame aside, my Spring Break is coming up soon, so I might be able to post but I am going on vacation and probably will get lazy. So, no promises.

Anyhow, today's Top Ten Tuesday post prompt is ten books I've recently added to my To-Be-Read List. Like any other reader, my TBR is practically infinite because I am always adding new books.


The Unlikely Hero of Room 13B by Teresa Toten
Adam Spencer Ross is almost fifteen, and he’s got his hands full confronting the problems that come with having divorced parents and new stepsiblings. Add to that his obsessive-compulsive disorder and it’s just about impossible for him to imagine ever falling in love. Adam’s life changes, however, the instant he meets Robyn Plummer: he is hopelessly, desperately drawn to her. But is it possible to have a normal relationship when your life is anything but?
You know how when you walk into a bookstore and there's always that table full of new shiny hardcovers and popular books? Well yeah, I saw this book on that table and was attracted to the cover. It's so yellow! The title also sounded pretty freaking cool. But anyways, I read the synopsis and it sounded really interesting. Then I checked it on Goodreads and it has really good reviews, so I added it!


The Five Stages of Andrew Brawley by Shaun Hutchinson
Andrew Brawley was supposed to die that night. His parents did, and so did his sister, but he survived.

Now he lives in the hospital. He serves food in the cafeteria, he hangs out with the nurses, and he sleeps in a forgotten supply closet. Drew blends in to near invisibility, hiding from his past, his guilt, and those who are trying to find him.

Then one night Rusty is wheeled into the ER, burned on half his body by hateful classmates. His agony calls out to Drew like a beacon, pulling them both together through all their pain and grief. In Rusty, Drew sees hope, happiness, and a future for both of them. A future outside the hospital, and away from their pasts.

But Drew knows that life is never that simple. Death roams the hospital, searching for Drew, and now Rusty. Drew lost his family, but he refuses to lose Rusty, too, so he’s determined to make things right. He’s determined to bargain, and to settle his debts once and for all.

But Death is not easily placated, and Drew’s life will have to get worse before there is any chance for things to get better.

A partly graphic novel.
I saw this book around quite a bit, like on goodreads and in some bookstores, but could never remember the title. Eventually I came across this book again and checked out the synopsis, which sounded so intriguing! And the part that specifically says "A partly graphic novel" definitely got my attention. It's also been getting super good reviews so I added it!

The Rest of Us Just Live Here by Patrick Ness
What if you weren’t the Chosen One?

What if you’re not the one who’s so often the hero in YA fiction; who’s supposed to fight the zombies, or the soul-eating ghosts, or whatever this new thing is, with the blue lights and the death? What if you were like Mikey? Who just wants to graduate and go to prom and maybe finally work up the courage to ask Henna out before someone goes and blows up the high school. Again. Because sometimes there are problems bigger than this week’s end of the world and sometimes you just have to find the extraordinary in your ordinary life. Even if your best friend might just be the God of mountain lions...
Okay, sad thing is I have yet to read a single Patrick Ness book. He's a pretty popular author and I've heard plenty of good things about his books. But, I just haven't gotten around to it. I added this book because I loved the cover and hey, it's by a popular YA author so why not?


Hello, I Love You by Katie M. Stout
A teen escapes to a boarding school abroad and falls for a Korean pop star in this fun and fresh romantic novel in the vein of Anna and the French Kiss.

Grace Wilde is running—from the multi-million dollar mansion her record producer father bought, the famous older brother who’s topped the country music charts five years in a row, and the mother who blames her for her brother’s breakdown. Grace escapes to the farthest place from home she can think of, a boarding school in Korea, hoping for a fresh start.

She wants nothing to do with music, but when her roommate Sophie’s twin brother Jason turns out to be the newest Korean pop music superstar, Grace is thrust back into the world of fame. She can't stand Jason, whose celebrity status is only outmatched by his oversized ego, but they form a tenuous alliance for the sake of her friendship with Sophie. As the months go by and Grace adjusts to her new life in Korea, even she can't deny the sparks flying between her and the KPOP idol.

Soon, Grace realizes that her feelings for Jason threaten her promise to herself that she'll leave behind the music industry that destroyed her family. But can Grace ignore her attraction to Jason and her undeniable pull of the music she was born to write? Sweet, fun, and romantic, this young adult novel explores what it means to experience first love and discover who you really are in the process.
Okay, I think I found out about this book after I saw a cover reveal or something or other. I really liked to cover, so of course I checked out the synopsis and ratings. It has four star ratings on goodreads. IT SOUNDS ABSOLUTELY ADORABLE. Added.

Me Being Me Is Exactly as Insane as You Being You by Todd Hasak-Lowy
A heartfelt, humorous story of a teen boy’s impulsive road trip after the shock of his lifetime—told entirely in lists!

Darren hasn't had an easy year.

There was his parents’ divorce, which just so happened to come at the same time his older brother Nate left for college and his longtime best friend moved away. And of course there’s the whole not having a girlfriend thing.

Then one Thursday morning Darren's dad shows up at his house at 6 a.m. with a glazed chocolate doughnut and a revelation that turns Darren’s world inside out. In full freakout mode, Darren, in a totally un-Darren move, ditches school to go visit Nate. Barely twenty-four hours at Nate’s school makes everything much better or much worse—Darren has no idea. It might somehow be both. All he knows for sure is that in addition to trying to figure out why none of his family members are who they used to be, he’s now obsessed with a strangely amazing girl who showed up out of nowhere but then totally disappeared.

Told entirely in lists, Todd Hasak-Lowy's debut YA novel perfectly captures why having anything to do with anyone, including yourself, is:

1. painful
2. unavoidable
3. ridiculously complicated
4. possibly, hopefully the right thing after all.
I heard about this book through some sort of publishing newsletter and I was interested by the fact that it's written entirely is lists. It hasn't gotten stellar reviews, but I'm curious about how it'll work out.

Other Books I've Recently Added:

Okay, that's it for this post! Hope you found some new books to add to your TBR!

No comments:

Post a Comment