March 31, 2015

Soumya's March Wrap-Up

Hey guys!
March has seemed to take forever, but April is now here! And more importantly, Spring Break is almost here. So, it's time for another wrap-up. March was an interesting month - I'll elaborate more on that towards the end of this post - but I'm excited to see what April has to offer.

I. READING IN GENERAL
I read 37 books this month. That's just as much as last month even though I had more time, but I've been in a slump all month long, so I guess it's understandable. Goodreads is being weird and didn't record the fact that I read three Mara Dyer books, not one, so those pictures aren't below, but I swear I read them. Who knows that happened? But, in bigger news, I've now read over 100 books! I can't believe I'm already halfway to my goal of 200 books. I read a few series and trilogies this month, but it was mostly standalones. I think that's partly because I was in such a slump I could barely focus on one book, let alone a trilogy or series. I didn't do that much in terms of exciting book related things this month...oh, I did visit one bookstore, but I didn't buy anything. I also didn't watch any book themed movies or meet any authors last month. I hope April is more exciting, and I may be headed to Yallwest in two weeks, but I'm not sure.

Here are all the pictures of the books I've read this month. Girls Like Us is my most recent read and Brave New World is the oldest.
 

II. THE 2015 READING CHALLENGE

So....uh, it embarrasses me to say this, but I made no progress whatsoever on this reading challenge. I know, I know, I'm so bad. Dobby will go punish himself now. I got a really hard challenge (#18 Drink or Dessert) which shouldn't be hard, but I've kind of been lacking on inspiration lately. Next month will be better, I promise.

III. MY FAVORITE AND LEAST FAVORITE

It is time to choose! There were some phenomenal books that I read this month, but some terrible ones as well. So, this should be easy.

MY FAVORITE: The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin

I've been wanting to read this book for a really long time, but I've never been able to locate a copy. I finally found one a while back and I read Mara Dyer. I was so pleasantly surprised! I loved the writing style, plot, characters (especially Noah Shaw) and there was also some great character development and some mean girls (which makes everything 100x more interesting.) I laughed, I almost cried, I tensed up, I got scared. This book is fantabulous - you will feel all the feels. 5 stars! Go read this book. Even if you've already read it.

MY LEAST FAVORITE: 
Black Ice by Becca Fitzpatrick

This book was really disappointing. I'm not a giant fan of Becca Fitzpatrick, but her previous books have been ok. This one was terrible, and I don't say that lightly. It was waaay predictable, creepy in a bad way, and I couldn't stand the characters. The plot was somewhat nonexistent, and I abandoned this book with only 30 pages left because I just couldn't stand it anymore. Usually, even if a book is terrible, I can get through it. This book was not one of those. I really don't recommend this book even if you like Becca Fitzpatrick.

IV. LIFE

This post, as you've probably noticed, is significantly shorter than the previous wrap ups. That's because a) I didn't do much this month and b) It's been like 3 weeks since I've posted so I'm rusty and c) I'm cranking this out in one day. I didn't buy any books this month or do anything remotely booklike and interesting, so I'll just move on to all the other stuff I did this month when I was busy not reading or posting. March was a pretty fun month. We had a school dance that I had a lot of fun at, and I spent a lot of quality time with my friends, whether it was going to performances, parties, or just hanging out. I watched a lot of The Middle this month and also fell in love with Brain Games, Shark Tank, and also Fresh Off The Boat. That show is life. I started listening to lots of indie pop - my favorite songs right now include 'Work This Body' by Walk The Moon, 'Stole The Show' by Kygo (not indie pop) and 'All Eyes on You' by St. Lucia. I also discovered a few new bands that I like, such as MGMT and Tonight Alive. Other stuff that's been going on include plans for an elaborate April Fool's Day prank :) and I just got braces! They happen to be hot pink and beautiful, but painful. Anyone else relate to the pain of braces? Let me know and tell me other stuff down in the comments! Hope you enjoyed this post!!

That's all for today. Sorry for not posting in forever :/

No comments:

Post a Comment