February 14, 2015

Valentine's Day Reads!

Hi guys, sorry for not posting for a while! I have to register for high school courses super soon and school has kept me busy. So don't worry if I don't blog for a while, I haven't been abducted by aliens or anything. But right now, I'm on ski break so I have a few days of peace and books. So since it's Valentine's Day, I decided it would fitting to share some of my recommendations for romance-y reads! (Also, if you would like to add a book on goodreads, click on the cover. If you want to buy it, I'll have book depository links!)

1. To All the Boys I've Loved Before by Jenny Han
I LOVE THIS BOOK SO MUCH! It's about a girl named Lara Jean and she writes love letters. One for each boy she's ever loved- five in total. In each letter, Lara Jean has writes down all of her feelings and they are hidden away in a hat box, to be mailed only once she is ready to move one. But one day, the letters are accidentally mailed and Lara Jean's life.

What I really like about this book was that it didn't go where I though it would. It's not only about romance, but family too. Also, the sequel comes out soon in April!
Buy on the Book Depository!

2. Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins
I also recommend any of the Stephanie's other books and you can see my review of Isla and the Happily Ever After, if you're curious. ;)

 So this book is about a girl named Anna and for her senior year, her dad makes her move to France to attend a boarding school. Anna has to leave her friends and crush behind. However Anna eventually makes new friends in France, including √Čtienne St. Clair, who she beings to develop feelings for. Unfortunately, he's already taken...

I definitely suggest reading this book if you just want a cutesy romance book and it's perfect for Valentine's Day!
Buy on the Book Depository!

3. Rebel Belle by Rachel Hawkins
Rebel Belle is a fantasy novel about a girl named Harper Price. Harper's ready to win homecoming queen until something strange happens at the dance and she finds herself with... superpowers? Turns out she's now a Paladin, one of an ancient line of guardians with lethal fighting instinct and enhanced agility and strength. But Harper finds she's charged to protect David, her arch nemesis. But of course, she begins to develop feeling for him and things get complicated.

I had so much fun reading Rebel Belle. The characters are so quirky and it's a really entertaining read. Definitely recommend if you want to try a quick fantasy read with a contemporary feel.
Buy on the Book Depository!

Okay, I hope you found a new book to read this Valentine's Day! Any Valentine's Day reads you recommend? Comment below! AND WHO CARES ABOUT OTHER HUMANS WHEN YOU HAVE BOOKS?
But sorry again for not posting, I might be absent for a while because of life. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment