February 18, 2015

Bookish Movie Reviews

Hey guys!

I just got back from my trip, and on the plane, I got to watch two movies that were adaptations of young adult books. Those movies were If I Stay and City of Bones. So, I decided to do mini movie reviews for both!

If I Stay:

I actually really enjoyed this movie. Chloe Grace Mortez is a really good actress, and she made Mia come to life. I loved the way all the relationships were detailed in the film. Not only the relationship between Mia and Adam, but between Mia and Teddy, Mia and her parents, Mia and her grandparents, her grandparents and her parents, and Mia and her cello, to name a few. I teared up (tore up?) while watching this movie. It's definitely an emotional journey. As a self-proclaimed fashionista too, I liked seeing all of Mia's outfits. Lastly, there was some great music throughout the movie. The movie wasn't completely true to the book, but it came pretty dang close. I give this a fantastical 4 stars!



City of Bones:

As much as I loved If I Stay, this movie was bad enough for me to say I hated it. The casting was terrible, and the acting was even worse. I don't mean to say the actors aren't talented, just that the roles didn't fit them well. Jace didn't come off as a jerk at all, which Cassandra Clare wrote really well, and that just disappeared. The whole scene during Clary's birthday (yeah, that one) lacked emotion and just felt like someone was bored while reading their lines. The only good thing, I think, was that Simon looked pretty cute. Even though I ship Simon/Isabelle and Clary/Jace. Alec had little to no role in the movie, and so did the Silent Brothers and Magnus. The movie was very inaccurate in comparison to the book, and by the end of 2 hours, I was severely bored and wanted to fast-forward. That's never a good sign, guys. So, this movie only gets 1 star. 1/2 star for Simon, and 1/2 star because I'm feeling generous. I will, however, try out the TV show. I really hope it's better, because I'm looking forward to a good adaptation of these books.


That's it for this post! Have you seen either of these movies? What did you think? Tell me down below in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment