January 28, 2015

Just an Update

Hi guys, sorry for not posting in eons. I've already failed my resolutions and January isn't even over [INSERT SLOW CLAP HERE]. But anyways, this post is just going to be a short random update on what's to come on the blog and what's going on in my life.

My goal for this year is to read at least 90 books and so far I've read six, which isn't bad for me since I'm a notoriously slow reader. I've read:
The Bane Chronicles by Cassandra Clare, Maureen Johnson, and Sarah Rees Brennan
Since You've Been Gone by Morgan Matson (reread)
Explorer: The Mystery Boxes by Kazu Kibuishi
Second Chance Summer by Morgan Matson
The DUFF by Kody Keplinger
Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins (reread)
I've been in the sort of mood, where I feel like if I read the wrong book, I'll be launched into a reading slump. So, I've been rereading a lot. Right now, I'm currently rereading Cinder and I think that I might reread PJO afterwards, or the rest of the Lunar Chronicles.

On the blog, I don't have a lot planned. Since I really want to try to start off my booktube channel, I have some ideas for book talks, but if that fails, I might just write a review. I also really want to do a discussion on the blog about book blogging versus booktubing, which I think is quite appropriate. But, I'm having trouble trying to generalize the entire book blogosphere and booktube community because everything is so unique and diverse. But I promise when I fix the kinks, that'll be up.
Also,  I get to meet Marissa Meyer, author of The Lunar Chronicles on her Fairest tour in February! Depending on whether I get a channel set up, I'll have a post or a vlog about it.

AND GUYS. DID YOU NOTICE? WE'VE POSTED ONE HUNDRED POSTS. WOOOHOOO!


We're almost at 5,000 views as well! Thank you so much to all the people who read our posts and comment, it means a lot to me!

So now, in my life, I don't have any huge midterms/finals/tests coming up or anything. However, I do want to take some time off of blogging so I can focus on school because second semester is always a pain in the butt. I also might possibly, maybe set up a booktube channel during this time, although I highly doubt it. I'll probably be on hiatus until my post/video on meeting Marissa Meyer is up, around the first week of February.  In the mean time, I'll try to edit my blogging/booktubing post and maybe some reviews? I'm not setting my standards too high, since I'm pretty busy with homework, but I'll try my best. We also have a short break in February, so I'll try to post more then.

Thank you guys again, for reading and sticking with us through our terrible posting habits. I hope to have another post up in the nearby future. Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment