December 30, 2014

2015 Bookish Resolutions, Plans, and More


Hi guys! Sorry it's been a while since I've posted, I've been away on winter break! I had also meant to post this sooner, but Blogger was being stupid and didn't save half my post so I had to re-write it.
But anyways, since the end of the year is so close, I decided to do a different type of post. Today, I'm going to be sharing some of my bookish resolutions, goals, and things I'd plan to or would like to do in the new year.

To-Do/Plan to Do in 2015:

1. Creating a booktube channel is at the top of my to-do list for 2015. Of course I love blogging, but I would like to try a different form of media and try making videos instead of written posts. For those of you who don't know, Booktube is a community of people who talk about books on YouTube, but I'm gonna be talking more about that in another post soon.

2. In February, I plan to meet Marissa Meyer, author of The Lunar Chronicles! I've already bought tickets to her stop in California for her Fairest Tour and some of my friends are going as well! I'm a huge fan of her books and I can't wait to go.

Click on the graphic above to see all the book tour stops!

3. I would really like to go to YallWest! YallWest, is the sister festival of YallFest, a young adult book festival. However, YallFest takes place in Charleston and that's rather far for me. So when I found out that the festival was being brought to the West Coast, I was so excited. It's not a very long drive from where I live, so I really hope I get the opportunity to go.

It takes place is Santa Monica on April 11-12th, 2015. It's also free and has an amazing author lineup! If you're interested in coming, you can visit the YallWest website or follow them on twitter @YallWest.

Bookish Resolutions:

1. If I do get to go to some book tour stops or festivals, I hope to build up on my ability to talk to authors. If you read my post from when I met the beautiful Sarah J. Maas, you probably know how awkward I am. I just stand there and when they try to make conversations, I blank out and give one words answers. LE SIGH.

2. Be more active in the book community, whether it be booktube or the blogosphere. I'd like to comment more on people's post, talk to people on social media, and just interact with other people who love books like me! I love that so many people in this community are so friendly and supportive, and I'd really like to be a bigger part of it :)

3. BE A BETTER BLOGGER. Cheesy and obvious, but true. In 2015, I'd like to try posting more, better content. I applaud bloggers who are capable or writing such interesting and quality posts multiple times a week.

Okay, that's it for this post! What are some things you're excited for or want to improve on in 2015? My next post will probably be up next year, so I'll see you then! Thanks so much for reading and happy new year!

No comments:

Post a Comment