November 4, 2014

Top Ten Books I Would Reread

Hey guys!
This week's prompt for Top Ten Tuesday is something I've been thinking a lot about. The prompt is Top Ten Books You Would Reread. I find that I want to reread stuff so often but just don't have the time. If only I could not do anything else and just curl up with a book and read. And read. And read.

Without further ado, I present my list.

1. Harry Potter by JK Rowling
I read the Harry Potter series in fourth grade and since I've read over 500 books since then, I've forgotten stuff. I don't get all the Harry Potter references people make. And, of course, I need to reread these books because they were so dang good.

2. The Hunger Games Trilogy by Suzanne Collins
I read this trilogy in fifth grade, and like Harry Potter, I've forgotten stuff. I really need to go back and reread this trilogy. Maybe even in time for the premiere of Mockingjay Part 1. Okay, I need a more realistic goal. 'Cuz that isn't gonna happen.

3. Percy Jackson by Rick Riordan
I haven't read this series since fourth grade either. I want to reread this series because I loved them so much as a nine-year old and will probably love them even more now.

4. The Fault In Our Stars by John Green
Because I haven't been sad enough lately. JK, because this book is so amazing. Amazing enough that I wrecked a pair of perfectly good Vans and made them more TFIOS-y. I also haven't seen the movie yet, which I have to do immediately.

5. Daughter Of Smoke And Bone Trilogy by Laini Taylor
I really loved this trilogy, but I heard the beginning on an audiobook and then continued reading it. I want to read the entire thing in a row instead of only hearing the first part. But these books are pretty long, so we'll see.


6. The House Of The Scorpion by Nancy Farmer
I think I read this book a bit too fast. I'm pretty sure I missed some stuff because I rushed to finish it in a day after realizing that book club was tomorrow and that if I wanted pizza for lunch, I'd better hurry up and finish my reading.

7. Cinder by Marissa Meyer
I've kinda forgotten everything that happens in this book. I really loved it though, so I want to reread it. Just because.

8. The Help by Kathryn Stockett
This book was sooooo funny and so important to read. It combines history with some of the most hilarious antics you will ever come upon, such as poo pie. Take that as you will. I need a good laugh and this book may be just the right way to get it.

9. The Alex Rider series by Anthony Horowitz
I remember that I really loved these books in fifth grade. But recently, when talking to a friend about them, he stated, "The plot line of all the books was basically the same. Alex is on vacation, he notices something, blah blah blah, he gets cool gadgets, blah blah blah, he defeats the bad guys and wins." I want to reread these books and see if that's true, or if I really had good reason to love these books as a kid.

10. Code Name Verity by Elizabeth Wein
Like The House Of The Scorpion, I think I read this one too fast. I want to reread it because I really liked it the first time around, and I probably missed a bunch of stuff when reading it that time. So technically it should be even better this time around.

I feel a little bit like all these books are super typical and that I should be more original, but at the same time, these are the books I really want to read mostly because they've become so wildly popular since I first read them. So don't judge me for choosing books that seem really common.

What do you guys think of this list? Do you think I'll be able to reread all of these books? Let me know what you think in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment