October 1, 2014

Monthly Wrap Up: September 2014

Hi guys! I can't believe that another month has come and gone! This is going to be the monthly wrap up for September, so I'm gonna tell you stuff about what's been going on with the blog and reading, etc.

In Our Lives: 
Nothing much. Just going on about school and Milli's birthday was this month. But besides that, there was nothing notable.

On My Reading:
This month was a bit slow because I hit a small reading slump after finishing Harry Potter (who wouldn't?) and so I only ended up reading 6 books and a short story.

1. Isla and the Happily Ever After by Stephanie Perkins. (Read my review here)
2. Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix by J.K. Rowling
3. Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince by J.K. Rowling
4. Pika-Don by The Stanford Graphic Novel Project
5. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling
6. Dumbledore's Army Reunites at Quidditch World Cup Final by J.K. Rowling
7. Quidditch Through the Ages by J.K. Rowling

Does anyone see a pattern? I read quite a bit of J.K. Rowling's work and I'm not at all embarrassed about it. #PREACH. Review coming soon!

In Soumya's Reading:
I'm [Soumya] finally getting used to school and our great school library, so I read a lot this month. Mainly a bunch of standalone novels. I also read the Hex Hall Trilogy, and now I'm starting to read a selection of slightly odd books for the Bookish Bingo challenge.

On the Blog:
Well here's the big thing! Soumya has started blogging with us as well! She formerly blogged on Not Your Average Fangirl and then asked if she could co-blog with us. You can read her announcement post here.

I also switched the comment format! I changed the default blogger comment system, which may look something like this:
This isn't a pic of WTWE because I forgot to take a pic before switching, but it's from Erika's lovely book blog, The Red Bookmark. You should check her out!

TO THIS: I saw this format on a couple blogs and I found out it was free on Disqus. I thought it looked cool so I thought I'd give it a try. Tell me in the comments what you think, because I may switch back.

I'm a bit lazy about saying everything we posted so you can see them all here. I we quite a few 21 Week Reading Challenge Updates and Top Ten Tuesday posts. I also got to meet Sarah J. Maas! Soumya came up with a feature where she came up with book-inspired outfits called Dressing Up and also started to do a round up of Fandom News on the internet. Soumya's also taking part in the Bookish Bingo challenge.

How was your month?

No comments:

Post a Comment