October 13, 2014

Bookish Bingo Update #2

Hi guys...
Sad to say, I didn't get much reading done this week. Blame it on homework. Anyways, I only read four books, but I'm still on track towards my goal because I read two less this week but two more last week.

So this is what I read:

Horror- The Forest of Hands and Teeth by Carrie Ryan

I didn't like this book. Like, at all. I had to force myself through it. It was mostly the language. It was awkward, stiff, and unnaturally formal. I definitely will not be reading the sequels to this book.

Mystery- Closed For The Season by Mary Downing Hahn

I actually enjoyed this book a lot more than I thought I would. It was funny, realistic, and straight to the point, which made it a very refreshing read. It was a short and easy read, which I highly appreciated after a long, stifling English assignment.

Romance- Graceling by Kristen Cashore

I loved this book to bits and pieces. Non-literal bits and pieces. It had everything in it, action and adventure, romance, espionage, magical powers, and a kick-butt heroine. What more could you ask for? Seriously. Nothing more needed. Ever.

Native American MC- The Absolutely True Diary of A Part-Time Indian by Sherman Alexie

This book was strange, to say the least. I have mixed reviews about it. I loved the illustrations and the plot, as well as the identity of the main character at times. What I didn't like so much was the humor, the identity of the main character at other times, and also basically all the other characters.

That's how my reading's going!

No comments:

Post a Comment