October 1, 2014

3 YA-Inspired Halloween Costumes

Hey guys!
Halloween's just (almost) around the corner, and now is the perfect time to pick out a costume! Here are a few of my favorite ideas and DIY's for a YA character inspired costume!

1. Katniss from the Hunger Games

I was Katniss a few years ago, and it was soooo fun. The costume's really easy and all you need to do is add a Mockingjay pin to something you have at home.

I suggest black leggings (especially with black leather accents) and a dark, tight fitting, athletic-inspired shirt and a black motorcyle jacket. Add short combat boots or short lace up boots. Of course, a Mockingjay pin is a must. Then, just paint your nails bright red and put your hair up in a Katniss braid. Ta da!

Here are some quick tutorials for Katniss braids:



2. Arthur Dent from the Hitchiker's Guide To The Galaxy.
This costume is really easy. Just put on a worn gray shirt, flannel pajama pants, and an untied bathrobe. After that, drape a towel over your shoulder (so important) and put on brown boots. Just make sure to leave your pajama pants untucked. Then just own that confused expression! 

Look at this for some more inspiration!


3. Tris Prior from Divergent
This year, I'm going as Tris, and I'm so hyped up. It's a very simple costume, just these really cool pieced together black leggings, a black or dark red top, black boots, and this cool Dauntless pin I found online (go Internet!) I'm also going to Sharpie a tattoo like Tris's on my collarbone. 
Are there any other characters you would love to dress up as for Halloween? Let me know in the comments! 

I hope to use this template for the tatoos:
Lovin' these pants!

Oooooh, pretty, aren't they? Hopefully I'll rock this costume better than Shailene Woodley. Okay, that's never gonna happen. Oh well, a girl can dream :)

No comments:

Post a Comment