September 23, 2014

What To Read If You Like...

Hey guys, it's Soumya!
I've compiled a list of recommendations based on some popular books. Sometimes, I read a book I love love love, and then I hunt down any book in the library that could have any similar themes. *Ahem* (Maybe two teens with cancer falling in love?)

If You Like-
The Darkest Minds by Alexandra Bracken

Read-
The Grisha Trilogy by Leigh Bardugo
The Shatter Me Trilogy by Tahereh Mafi

Similarities: All of these trilogies have different groups of people with different powers, and the interactions between them are part of what make these books so interesting and enjoyable to read.

If You Like-
Amy and Roger's Epic Detour by Morgan Matson

Read-
In Honor by Jessi Kirby
The Survival Kit by Donna Freitas
Since You've Been Gone by Morgan Matson
To All The Boys I've Loved Before by Jenny Han


Similarities: All these books include something left behind by a loved one and how that affects the lives of the people around them and the people who mean the most to them. All five of these books were read by me over the summer, and I loved them so much. They're sweet and funny, but emotional with a hint of romance as well.

If You Like-
The Gone Series by Michael Grant

Read-
The Enemy Series by Charlie Higson
The Skinjackers Trilogy by Neil Shusterman
The Unwind Series by Neil Shusterman
The Raft by S.A. Bodeen


Similarities: I hate to say this, but I feel like the main reason these books are connected is because they're creepy. But that aside, these books are great sci-fi dystopian-y reads that'll twist your brain in knots. In a good way. They just happen to involve a lot of blood, death, science, and future apocalyptic stuff that is scary to imagine. ;)

If You Like-
The Book Thief by Markus Zusak

Read-
Milkweed by Jerry Spinelli
Bomb by Steve Sheinkin
Annexed by Sharon Dogar
The Green Glass Sea by Ellen Klages


Similarities: I don't read a lot of historical fiction, but I've read all five of these books and I loved them. These books could be seen as books relating to World War II or to the Holocaust, but more than that, they reflect history in a new and exciting way.

That's all for now! Do you guys have any books you want me to find recommendations for?
Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment