September 3, 2014

Top Ten Book Characters That Would Be Sitting At Our Lunch Table

Hi guys! Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish, if you didn't already know. And this week's topic is really interesting: the top ten book characters that would be sitting at our lunch table, in honor of back-to-school. Sorry this is a bit late, but we wanted to write a little something for fun at the end of this post ;)

Kaylie's Picks:
1. Cath from Fangirl. She's the first one who came to mind because I feel like we have a lot in common. She seems like someone I'd really enjoy being around and fangirling with. We also seem pretty compatible because of the fact that we both prefer fiction fantasies over reality. And we'd probably have very long debates about who is better: Harry Potter or Simon Snow.

2. Zuzanna from Daughter of Smoke and Bone. If you've seen some of my previous posts, you know I adore Zuzanna. She's funny and just seem's like someone I'd get along with. Plus she seems like a really good friend because she always stays by Karou's side.

3. Hermione Granger from Harry Potter. What I love about Hermione is that she always speaks her mind and she's a witch and she loves to read as well! She's one of my favorite heroines and it'd be so awesome to be friends with her.

4. Celaena from Throne of Glass. AHHH! I had to put Celaena on here. She's so bad-a** and she seems like a great friend judging by her friendship with Nehemia. She loves dogs and reading and she's a freaking assassin. 

Milli's Picks:

1. Matilda from Matilda. I know she's from a children's book but she's insanely smart, loves books, and is telepathic. 

2. Clary from The Mortal Instruments.  Clary seems like a great friend and a very likeable person. She's also very funny, sarcastic, caring and compassionate. Clary and I also share a love of doodling over everything.

3. Tessa from The Infernal Devices. Like the rest of the girls (except for Cath and Hazel) on here, she know how to kick ass. She's also a freaky shapeshifter and loves books. 

Christina's Picks

1. Luna Lovegood from Harry Potter.  She is quite possibly one of the coolest characters I've ever read about.  She is very trustworthy and loyal, and just a good, kind person in general.  All in all, I feel like Luna would be an awesome person to sit with at lunch.  

2. Saphira from Eragon.  Come on, who wouldn't want a sarcastic, telepathic, fire-breathing dragon to sit with them at lunch?  We would all bring marshmallows, she would toast them, and we'd probably all be so annoying, she would give us rides to shut us up.

3. Hazel Grace from The Fault in Our Stars.  If Hazel sat at our lunch table, we would probably have lots of debates and deep, metaphor-filled conversations about life, death, and how a ton of different characters were existing in the same world.  I'm sure it would be very, very fun.  


A Typical Day at Our Crazy Lunch Table
By Christina :)

Kaylie: Okay, no one spoil anything, I'm starting Order of the Phoenix!  *opens book and begin reading*
Hermione: *begins reading over Kaylie's shoulder* Wait, I never said that! Who wrote this book, again?  Everything is so exaggerated and inaccurate.  This seems like something Rita Skeeter would have written.  And you said the author is a billionaire? *sighs*
Luna: Let me know when you get to the part with me in it, Kaylie! *resumes staring vacantly into space and smiling dreamily*
Cath: Simon Snow is so much better than than Harry Potter! *starts reading Simon Snow and the Eighth Dance*
Matilda: *levitates about twenty or so marshmallows into the air* Will you toast these, Saphira?
Saphira: Why would I want to do that?
Matilda: *makes adorable puppy eyes*
Saphira: Okay, but this is the last time I’m doing this. *breathes fire and toasts all marshmallows to perfection*
Matilda: Thanks, Saphira! *hugs Saphira's leg adorably*
Christina: *while eating marshmallow* Isn't Benedict Cumberbatch the best person ever?!
Zuzana: What the heck is a "Benedict Cumberbatch"?  Is it, like, a cucumber omelette or something? *shrugs and resumes eating her lunch, which appears to be nothing but an entire chocolate cake*
Cath: *looks up from her book* Oh, I read the best fanfiction about him!  Lemme find it!
*pulls out smartphone*
Hermione: *looks up from Kaylie's book* We aren't allowed to have our phones out during the school day!  You could get expelled!!
Hazel: What's the point of caring about rules?  Everything we do is just a shout into the void. Oblivion is inevitable. Eventually no one will remember Cleopatra or Aristotle, let alone you using your stupid phone.  And, by the way, Celaena, what the !@#$ are you eating?
Celaena: Today I stole a loaf of bread, a hunk of cheese, and a piece of something that I think is a cooked pig's tongue.  Whatever it is, it tastes great! *continues eating*
Hermione: *horrified* Did you say you stole it?!
Milli: *hugs Chairman Meow, who is sitting in her lap* Cooked pig’s tongue?  Ew, how can you eat something that used to be alive?  
Hazel: Yeah, an innocent animal gave its life for that!  Personally, I'd like to limit the number of deaths I'm responsible for.
Celaena: Girl, you have no idea...
Clary: *runs up, panting* Sorry I’m late, I had to stay late at battle practice.  
Celaena: *smirks* Well, you didn’t exactly play fair.
Cath: Why?  What happened?
Clary: I used a spider-summoning rune, and Ron totally freaked!
Hermione: That wasn’t very nice, you know.
Zuzana: *with a mouth full of cake* Why do you care?
Hermione: *blushes and quickly looks back at Kaylie’s book*
Tessa: *walks up in the form of Benedict Cumberbatch* Hello, everyone.
Christina: *looks up from fanfiction and screams* This is way too amazing to actually be happening!!! *runs up to Benedict/Tessa, fangirling the whole way there*
Tessa: *turns back into herself* You're right, I am quite amazing!
Christina: Y-you mean you're not actually... *sighs* Well, when your friend's a shapeshifter, and you’re a huge fan of Benedict Cumberbatch, it's only a matter of time, I suppose.
Milli: *sees Tessa* Hey, where's Church?
Tessa: *sighs* In the B-wing.  I saw him on the way here.
Milli: *runs off with Chairman Meow* And now, to make my OTP, canon!
Luna: Let me know if you see any Nargles, okay?
Hazel: OKAY.

That's it for this week's TTT post! When are you going back to school and which characters would be sitting at your lunch table?

2 comments:

  1. So i just sent you a message before reading this and PHEW I AM BREATHING AGAIN YOU WILL GET THE REFERENCE I LIKE THIS POST BC DID YOU KNOW I AM ZUZANA IF NOT YOU DO NOW K.
    p.s I'd not found your blog before but now i am tOtEs following bc frabjous and and all that jazz etc etc I LIKE IT BASICALLY.
    I can HASTAG RELATE to All Kaylie's picks. I think we're very similar because all the characters you chose are MY FAVOURITES.
    I'm going to stop burning your eyes with caps lock now and GO READ MORE OF YOUR POSTS.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I got the reference :D. Thank you for taking the time to email. Unfortunately my indie bookstore is native to only California (http://www.booksinc.net).
      And awwww. Thanks so much for following. You're frabjous too!

      Delete