September 19, 2014

My Reading Challenge #6


Hi again, Soumya here.

So, Kaylie's been posting reading challenge updates. I'm going to start doing that too. My past posts have been on my old blog, so over here, I'll start with challenge #6.

So, this week, I read a book about hardships and struggling:
Four Seasons By Jane Breskin Zalben.

This book is about an incredibly talented musician and pianist, Allegra Katz, and it takes you through the four seasons of her year. The four seasons thing is inspired by Vivaldi's the Four Seasons (such a pretty piece!) and the book is from Allegra's POV.

As a musician myself, I love reading fiction that revolves around teen musicians. This book was something I really enjoyed, but not as much as Virtuosity by Jessica Martinez. I guess I'm sorta biased, since like the protagonist in Virtuosity, I'm a violinist, but oh well.

Books I've Finished Last Week: 
Umm....I sorta lost track. I read at least 5 books a week, if I have less homework, then I read up to ten. But, I did read the entire Hex Hall series by Rachel Hawkins, which I really enjoyed, a Douglas Adams book, and other stuff. Lots of other stuff. :)

Currently Reading:
The Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy- Douglas Adams. (I've been meaning to read this forever, so I'm happy I've finally gotten to it.)

TBR For This Week: I usually don't plan out what to read, instead I spend a super long time in the library each morning searching for something new and exciting to read. The only thing I'll be reading (re-reading, actually) this week for sure is A Wrinkle In Time by Madeline L'Engle, because I need to for book club.

I'll keep you guys posted as to how my reading and quest for books is going!

No comments:

Post a Comment