August 26, 2014

Top Ten Books I Really Want To Read But Don't Own Yet

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish and this week's topic was the top ten books we really want to read but don't own yet. Sorry we didn't have a post for last week, but we weren't that interested in the topic and we started school that day, so pandemonium!
So today is going to be a solo TTT done my me [Kaylie]! Sorry if you're tried of my face- er- typing… I decided to do five books that have already been published and five that are going to be released later on.
1. Splintered by A.G. Howard. First of all, the cover is beautiful, so why wouldn't I want it on my shelves? Secondly, it's an Alice in Wonderland retelling and I LOVE RETELLINGS! The reviews are pretty good and the book itself sounds awesome!

2. Alienated by Melissa Landers. Aliens. Yes please! I haven't read any sci-fi in a while and I've heard some people rave about it on booktube (*cough* Sasha *cough*) and I'd really like to see how I like the book myself.

3. The Kiss of Deception by Mary E. Pearson. I've read quite a bit of buzz on this book on booktube as well, but judging simply by the title and cover, it doesn't seem like a book I'd pick up. However the synopsis sounded so epic. This girl runs away on her wedding day because she was betrothed to some prince. She takes refuge in a distant town and then two people show up, one is the prince she was supposed to marry and the other, the assassin sent to kill her. She doesn't know who's who, so there's a mystery aspect and there's romance and secrets and it sounds like a fun read.

4. Percy Jackson's Greek Gods by Rick Riordan. Definite yes to buying this book (eventually). It has pictures, so having the physical copy would be much better, plus it was written by Rick Riordan and has Percy Jackson in it. 'Nuff said.

5. Life in Outer Space by Melissa Keil. I've been wanting to read this book for a while because the synopsis sounded a bit like Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell (which I adore) and just like something I'd enjoy reading in general. This book seems a bit under hyped but has been getting really good reviews on Goodreads. The reason I haven't read it yet is because I have yet to find a copy with the cover in the picture above. I love that cover because of the colors and I like graphical designs like that. However, the only one that seems to be available is the hardcover copy with this cover, which I like far less.

6. The Blood of Olympus by Rick Riordan. This one's obvious. But if it isn't, refer back to my commentary on book number 4.

7. Heir of Fire by Sarah J. Mass. This one also shouldn't need an explanation. I love the Throne of Glass series and I'm excited to see what happens next (especially after what happened in the last book)! I'm a bit skeptical because this book hasn't been getting stellar reviews, but I'm going to read it anyway (no duh).

8. I Was Here by Gayle Forman. I highly enjoyed her If I Stay duology, but the synopsis for I Was Here seems really interesting and a lot darker and deeper. I have pretty high hopes for this one. (You can read a short excerpt front the book here).

9. In the Afterlight by Alexandra Bracken. I absolutely love The Darkest Minds so of course I need the conclusion!

10. Fairest by Marissa Meyer. I love the Lunar Chronicles as well, but I'm really excited for this one because I'd really like to learn more about Levana's character and who doesn't like a little prequel?

Okay, that's it for this post! What are some book you really want to read but don't own yet?


No comments:

Post a Comment