August 11, 2014

Book Haul #1

Hi Guys! So I normally don't do book hauls, but I had some money saved up and decided to go on a shopping spree because I'll probably not be able to the bookstore as much when school starts, so here are the books I bought!

 From top to bottom: 
A box set of The Kane Chronicles by Rick Riordan (Including The Red Pyramid, The Throne of Fire, and The Serpent's Shadow). I bought this to tide me over until The Blood of Olympus comes out and I'm looking forward to read more of Rick Riordan's work!

A box set of  The Hogwarts Library by J.K. Rowling (Including Quidditch Though the Ages, Fantastic Beasts & Where to Find Them, and The Tales of Beedle the Bard). For those of you who don't know, I just recently started Harry Potter. I'm planning to buy the box set with the new covers from Amazon when I save up some more money, but I was at the bookstore and couldn't resist buying anything, so I got this!

I am Number Four: The Lost Files: Hidden Enemy by Pittacus Lore. I actually just found out about Full Fathom Five (If you don't know what that is, here's a good blog post I found about it), so I'm a little bit skeptical about reading this book. However I already bought it and quite like the series, so I'm not sure how that's gonna go. :(

Just One Day by Gayle Forman. I recently finished Gayle Forman's If I Stay duology in preparation for the movie and really liked it so I wanted to check out some of her other books.

Second Chance Summer by Morgan Matson. I've already read Morgan Matson's other two books, Since You've Been Gone and Amy and Roger's Epic Detour and loved them both, so I had to buy this one and I have high expectations!

We Were Liars by E. Lockhart. I've been meaning to pick this book up for a while because there has been so much hype around this book in the blogosphere and Booktube. Plus, the fact that you're supposed to go into not knowing anything about it interested me and I've heard there's a surprising plot twist at the end!

Winger by Andrew Smith. I've heard about this book a bit on Booktube, but I don't know much about it aside from the fact that it takes place in a boarding school and the main charter is bullied and plays rugby *shrug*. But, it had pretty good reviews on Goodreads and I trust my Booktubers!

Fire with Fire by Jenny Han and Siobhan Vivian. I read the first book in this trilogy about a month ago on Pulseit, a website from Simon and Schuster where you can read free YA books. The premise interested me (revenge revenge revenge!), so when I saw it on the website I decided to read it. I finished it in a day and it was exciting and that ending- gah! I just had to pick up the second book. (However I accidentally saw a spoiler in the Ashes to Ashes synopsis while adding it to my to-read shelf on Goodreads, so if you plan to read Fire with Fire stay away from that!)

All of these books I bought on Amazon aside from the Hogwarts Library box set, which I bought at Barnes and Noble. Have you heard of these books and which should I read first? I'd love to see you thought and opinions! I never really know how to end my post… so… bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment