July 27, 2014

"Our Leader the Mockingjay" Commentary

Hello fellow tributes, today the official Mockingjay Part 1 Teaser Trailer was released. AN ACTUAL TRAILER. NO MORE PROPAGANDA- HALLELUJAH! This teaser is titled "Our Leader the Mockingjay".
The teaser opens up with a clip of a hovercraft descending upon district eight with Katniss and her TV crew inside, I assume. Then we see Plutarch and Coin with Beetee in his wheelchair talking about Katniss and then that alternates with clips of Katniss, at what I would guess is the hospital from district eight. After that, we get to see some of the chaos happening in rebelling districts. I also LOVE the mockingjay crop circle, it looks so cool!  And I wonder if that shot with the triangular staircase is the scene where everyone in 13 is retreating farther underground from the bombs? I'm not quite sure what the explosion clip is- maybe what district 13 looks like above ground during the bombings? Who do you think the person in that clip is?
Overall, there were a lot of awesome clips and shots, I liked the background music, and I don't think it gives too much away. I AM SO PUMPED FOR THE MOVIE.

A clip I'd like to point is at 0:22. You get to she how much attention to detail the directors had because the arrows in Katniss's quiver are color coded like in the book.
"The variety of arrows--razor sharp, incendiary, explosive--turn the bow into a multipurpose weapon. Each one is recognizable by a distinctive colored shaft."
And after that we get a clip of Cressida she looks amazing and her hair's exactly how it's described!
"The TV crew consists of a pair of burly Capitol cameramen with heavy mobile cameras encasing their bodies like insect shells, a woman director named Cressida who has a shaved head tattooed with green vines…"
I have pretty high expectations for Mockingjay because of Catching Fire and I'm excited to see how they filmed everything because a lot of the time, Katniss was locked away in 13 and had no idea what was going on in the other districts.

Feel free to share your thoughts and opinions on the teaser in the comments! **Holds up three fingers and whistles (even though I can't whistle)** 
Mockingjay Part 1 hits Theaters November 21st!

No comments:

Post a Comment